- What does HVLP mean?
- The spray is very blotchy/splatters/spits. What can I do?
- What might be wrong if intermittent spraying occurs?
- It has stopped spraying during use. What might be wrong?
- Can I get different sized Fluid Tips?
- Will the SprayStation spray exterior latex paint?
- Do I need to mask anything?
- Will the Spray Gun I use spray different types of paint?
- What is flashpoint?
- Does the viscosity guide cover all types of sprayers?
- I have thinned the paint to the correct viscosity but it splatters everywhere, what can I do?
- What do I thin the paint with?
- What do I clean the gun with?
- What maintenance can I do to keep my gun working properly?
- The paint I want to spray says "for brush or roller use only." Can I spray this?
- Isn't all paint/finish the same?
- Can I use my Spray Station/Spray Port for artificial suntan solution?
- Where can I get parts locally?
Spray Equipment FAQ
What does HVLP mean?
hvlp stands for high volume low pressure. hvlp sprayers use high volumes of air at low pressures to atomize coatings so that they can be sprayed. hvlp creates less overspray than other types of sprayers.
The spray is very blotchy/splatters/spits. What can I do?
- Turn down the fluid flow. Too much fluid can overwhelm the airflow and it spits out.
- You’re spraying from too far away. 6” from the project is ideal for HVLP.
- The paint may need thinning.
- Switch to a smaller needle for finer atomization.
What might be wrong if intermittent spraying occurs?
- The gun may not be sealed to the cup, check that it’s tight.
- Check that the pick-up tube is in place and tight.
- The paint may be unevenly thinned. Mix it up.
- The Pick-up Tube is loose. Push in.
- The Paint Container is not tight enough. Hold the Paint Container and turn the Spray Gun.
- The paint requires more thinning/mixing.
It has stopped spraying during use. What might be wrong?
- Check for blockage in all fluid passages. This can be accomplished by cleaning the gun.
- Check for blockage in all air passages. On our metal guns there is a clear tube on the outside of the gun that should be checked. On our plastic guns, remove the cup, you’ll find two holes under the gun. One has the pick-up tube in it; the other is an air passage that must remain clear for the gun to work.
- The turbine has stopped working, no air is moving. Check that the turbine is not sitting on a cloth that is affecting the airflow.
- The Fluid Tip may be blocked with paint. Also, check the air feed hole underneath the Fluid Tip.
Can I get different sized Fluid Tips?
五人斗地主两副牌yes, you can get various needle sizes for different guns. give us a call at tech support (1-888-783-2612) to let us help you decide which needle suits your needs best.
Will the SprayStation spray exterior latex paint?
yes, with sufficient thinning and a larger needle set.
Do I need to mask anything?
although there is minimum overspray with hvlp technology you will always get a spray mist in the atmosphere, so it is advisable to mask over appliance sockets, light fittings etc. also, cover anything else in the area where you are spraying with appropriate sheeting. a shield works well for specific protection.
Will the Spray Gun I use spray different types of paint?
- Yes. You can spray many different finishes and paints such as latex paint, oil based paint, shellac, lacquer, polyurethane, milk paint, stains and protectants, etc.
- For different thicknesses different size Fluid Tips are available to achieve an improved finish.
What is flashpoint?
五人斗地主两副牌flashpoint is the temperature at which the fumes or vapor from a particular material can ignite in the air. our sprayers will list in the safety information towards the beginning on the manual if there is a flashpoint restriction when using that particular sprayer. if there is it will be important to observe the flashpoint of the materials you put in your sprayer, including your cleaning materials, in order to safely operate them. in general, water based materials that clean up with water and oil based materials that clean up with mineral spirits will be safe to use.
Does the viscosity guide cover all types of sprayers?
五人斗地主两副牌any recommendations we make are particular to earlex hvlp and may not apply to other brands or models.
I have thinned the paint to the correct viscosity but it splatters everywhere, what can I do?
you may need to thin it further. the viscosity test is a general guide to get the paint below the maximum thickness the sprayer can atomize. the timings can vary among various paint manufacturers. try adding 2-4 oz. of the appropriate thinner, then stir. next, lift out your stir stick and the paint should be running off it rapidly. when it starts dripping the drops should be perfectly round like rain drops and not clingy or lumpy.
五人斗地主两副牌for tips and tricks on using your sprayer for your ceiling, see .
What do I thin the paint with?
- For water based or water borne finishes and paints, water is the proper thinner. (A flow additive is not a thinner and can be used in conjunction with water.)
- For shellac, denatured alcohol.
- For polyurethane, mineral spirits.
- For lacquer, lacquer thinner.
What do I clean the gun with?
- The proper cleaner for the gun is the thinner used with the material you were spraying.
- It is not necessary to use a harsher chemical for cleaning than the thinner.
- Do not submerge the gun head in thinner (other than water) for cleaning purposes.
- Do not soak loose parts any more than the time it takes to clean them. About 15 minutes.
- Rinse the gun with clean water and allow it to dry before sealing the empty cup on the gun.
What maintenance can I do to keep my gun working properly?
- Clean it at the end of the work day. It’s not necessary to clean in between coats.
- Leave gun open to air dry completely before sealing empty cup on gun head.
- Lubricate the needle after cleaning. Using baby oil, mineral oil or petroleum jelly or the lubricant in our cleaning tool kit. Apply a small amount on the pointy end of the stainless steel needle on our metal guns, so that when you push the needle into the gun the oil will gather on the gland seals and keep them pliable. Or, apply a small amount, on our brass needles where the lip seal slides back and forth about ½”.
The paint I want to spray says "for brush or roller use only." Can I spray this?
this is usually because the paint manufacturer does not test it for spraying; however, most will spray with dilution. you should check with the manufacturer or our service department first.
Isn't all paint/finish the same?
五人斗地主两副牌all paints/finishes have different viscosities (or thicknesses). the best choice of equipment to use with your specific paint/finish will vary depending on brand, color, sheen, oil or latex based material, finishes and stain, etc. if you have questions regarding the best choice of sprayer for your project, you can call us at 1-888-783-2612 and we’ll be happy to help you choose. if possible, please have any available “application” information from the back of your paint can available prior to calling.
Can I use my Spray Station/Spray Port for artificial suntan solution?
五人斗地主两副牌no, the unit is not certified for this use or any other use not specified in the instructions. it will also invalidate the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Where can I get parts locally?
五人斗地主两副牌your local retailer may carry the parts you need. you can also check online. parts can be purchased through other various distributors or by calling us directly at 1-888-783-2612.